Monday, June 24, 2013

SHE'S SO RAVEN



.......AND HAPPY EASTER.....!
     Back at my store, I worked with a lovely young lady named Raven.  Raven had a beautiful and unique voice, which I told her was meant for radio.  I told her this on several occasions.  I urged her to quit, literally, all plans she had made for her future and go into radio.  
     She explained to me she was in an internship with a church to become a youth pastor.  I thought it was a big waste of time because she could make more money in radio, but I didn’t tell her that.   
     Raven sent out mixed signals, as it were.  She had been striving to spread the Good News, and in fact, had planned a week off in June to go to some third world country on a mission trip.  But here, back at home, she knew how to make tips.  She had a beautiful, contagious smile, high-octive -yet throaty- voice and full cleavage.  At the green apron, we were required to wear collared tops. Black or white—but still collared.  Raven’s top was no a polo.  It was a semi-sheer, light polyester (or perhaps-rayon-) with a collar,  and ruffles down the front where she unbuttoned it enough to give the consumer a peek into Ravenland.  She made tips like no other.  At one point, I personally thanked her for it, and encouraged my 'partners' to do the same.  
    Tip distribution day was very nice.   After collecting my envelope of singles--I turned to the Shift Manager, Steve, (who, for some reason--ALSO gets tips,) and said- "trust me—its not YOU they are tipping." while motioning toward Raven at the register.  The pregnant Shift Manager, Lena,  told me flat-out-feel to, 'free to show that cleavage.  All of us get rewarded.'
     I, myself, wished I could push my 'ample' self, but I feared no one wanted to see the cleavage of a...more 'mature' woman.  So, I was quite charming, and.... smiled a lot to get my tips. An older gentleman tipped me three dollars and winked.  I knew I still had it.  Especially with the mature audience.  
     I had the pleasure of working with Raven on Easter, who kept getting texts from people asking her where she was.  Finally, I asked her if anything was wrong.  In her beautiful voice, she replied, "No, nothing's wrong, it's just that Noel scheduled me for today even though I told her I had duties at my church as a Youth Pastor."  My heart stopped.  Noel, who hated her life and every one in it-could have worked ANY ONE OF US on Easter--but instead, purposefully chose Raven, who was completing an internship as Youth Minister, to work, making coffee, while she, herself, sat at home.
     That, Noel, she's a gem.



Oops!!!!!   Soap suds compliments of Steve,  the Shift Supervisor...
"We got busy--and I forgot!!"
   

No comments:

Post a Comment